Spices are an integral part of every kitchen and they play a very important role in our food adding the necessary flavour and pungency to all our cuisine. They also have a nutritional value and boost immunity.
But do you know that the spice market is vulnerable to adulteration? Besides a lot of pesticides and preservatives go inside these products during growth and processing. The need for organic products which are authentic, pure and unadulterated is a necessity to assure food safety.
Source Natural and Herbal Supplements Pvt Ltd, an organization associated with Sri Sri Tattva brand believes in leading the modern world towards healthy and happy living through pure, authentic and effective products.
Let us see how TraceX helps Sri Sri Tattva to build authentic, healthy and trustworthy products for the end consumers.
Challenges of Sri Sri Tattva
Sri Sri Tattva has products in multiple categories of Ayurveda medicines, supplements, personal care products and food products.
- The brand believes in offering pure and authentic products to the consumers
- They work with local farmers to promote ingredients from the backyard with sustainable practices.
- It represents a strong commitment to social responsibility
- The brand takes immense care in maintaining hygiene and safety standards in their processes
- They believe in ethical sourcing of raw materials with transparency in their product life cycle
- Products that are exported need to adhere to quality standards.
- The brand believes in delivering a healthy product to the consumer
TraceX provides the Traceability Solutions to SST
Sri Sri Tattva finds the solutions to its challenges with the Pre-Harvest management module of TraceX. The capturing of farm level data along with geo tagging of land area and crop management streamlines the pre-harvest processes. Configuring and tracking of package of practices assures adherence to quality standards and ensures trust and transparency in the product life cycle.
Check out the importance of Traceability in Spice Value chains
Sri Sri Tattva captures the first mile journey of the Chilly plant with TraceX’s blockchain traceability platform. This chilly is used in processing of Chilli powder which is an important ingredient for many dishes.
The Pre-Harvest Journey
- 31 farmers across 10 villages in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh are onboarded into the TraceX blockchain platform
- 31 acres of land where the crops are grown is geo- mapped spatially.
- The Chilli crop is configured on the system.
- About 40 activities are configured as Package of Practices
- The Harvesting schedules are planned accordingly
- The farmers follow the set of activities as per time schedules and are able to estimate the harvest plan.
- The harvested product is packed in 50kg bags for dispatch
The Inventory management of the Post-harvest module is used by Sri Sri Tattva to have a control over their inventory.
It is a Win-Win for both SST and TraceX
Sri Sri Tattva is able to build trustworthy brands for the consumer with blockchain traceability solutions. The decentralized blockchain ledgers gives a digital identity to the product and ensures security through its immutability feature. There is no scope for tampering of products and the stakeholders being on a common platform share transparent data amongst themselves that provides a single source of truth. Tracking of quality parameters like the aflatoxin levels ensures a safe product meeting the export requirements
TraceX is able to delivers quality brands to Sri Sri Tattva, thereby building brand loyalty and food safety in the food industry.
Blockchain traceability adds that extra zing of authenticity and transparency to the product promising a holistic approach to health and wellness of all.